Merimbula Basketball Association (MBA) is now calling for representative player and coach nominations for the 2021 calendar year. Two trial sessions will follow the nominations and are scheduled for Saturday 28 November and Saturday 5 December.
Representative selection is an achievement and privilege which offers registered players a fantastic opportunity to enhance their basketball development against high level competition.
Eligibility criteria include:
- The player must be currently registered with Basketball NSW and the MBA, and must maintain this registration for the entire calendar year for which representative selection applies;
- The player must be actively participating in MBA competition (minimum 50% + 1 game each season within the 2021 calendar year);
- Have no outstanding monies owing to the MBA from previous representative years;
- Ensure commitment to the requirements outlined below and within the MBA Representative Policy and the associated Player Agreement; and
- Meet the criteria outlined below and within the MBA Representative Policy.
First and foremost selection will require commitment to the following:
- Your team and coach - attendance at all training sessions and playing with respect and sportsmanship at all times;
- Travel - the main representative tournament the MBA enters teams into (Barrengarry) will require travel to Batemans Bay, Milton, Shoalhaven, Illawarra and Moss Vale;
- Out-of-pocket expenses - while the MBA endeavours to reduce costs where possible there will inevitably be expenses incurred for travel, accommodation, tournament fees, uniforms and the like;
- Signing Player / Parent / Coach Agreements outlining acceptable behaviour and representative code of conduct.
Please do not nominate if you cannot commit to training and travelling.
Dates for the Barrengarry Tournament have been set as follows:
Should other representative / tournament opportunities arise (for example the NSW Country Tournament scheduled for the June long weekend) team nomination will be as mutually agreed among families of players and coaches selected for Barrengarry.
Final team selection will be made by members of the MBA Representative Committee and the appointed coach shortly after the selection trials are held. Selection will be based on:
- Acknowledgement of representative eligibility and commitment points outlined above and within the MBA Representative Policy;
- Attitude (respect, sportsmanship, application, effort, attention);
- Playing ability (game awareness, skill, demonstration of sound technique); and
- Determination and desire.
Nominations are due by Wednesday 25 November 2020, will only be accepted via email to the MBA administration email address: email@example.com and must include name and nominated age group. Date of birth ranges for each age group are as follows:
U12 = 2010/11
U14 = 2008/09
U16 = 2006/07
U18 = 2004/05
Youth = Aged 21 or under
Thank you for your consideration. MBA looks forward to seeing nominations come through over the next week!
MBA Representative Subcommittee